We have had a number of questions about Sochi and Adler our Russian rescue dogs, who are looking for temporary fosters for the duration of their quarantine period.
There are a number rules and regulations for their care, set down by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Deptartment of Public Health, that must be adhered to, so we thought it best to let potential fosters know the sort of environment that is required for the two adorable pups.
So if you would like to help and meet the criteria below we want to hear from you!
- Your home must be in Los Angeles county.
- No other dogs are allowed at the home, although other types of pets are fine.
- Your home will need to be inspected by the Department of Public Health before any transfer can be approved.
- You must be away from home for no more than 9 hours per day.
- The dogs must be kept only in a bleachable area. This means no play time in the rest of the house unless you are planning to bleach everywhere!
- No small children.
- Both Sochi and Adler come from a rabies-intensive area which is the reason for their quarantine. Although there has not been a case reported for 7 years in that region, it is important to be aware and take sensible precautions.
- You must feel comfortable administering oral medications.